Thursday, June 16, 2011

Shenna's 2 Minute Reflection

1. Google Doc


Version 1: Draft


Final Cut


2. We made a lot of changes in our final cut. We changed the speed and quality of our voices because some parts weren't clear and hard to hear, added and deleted some pictures because some looks like it's poverty from different parts of the world so it doesn't really fit with our topic which is poverty in "Winnipeg", include our expert and picture of "us making a difference" because on our draft we didn't include it. When we posted our draft, it wasn't what we really want to post because were missing a lot and we aren't ready. So we received lots of comments from our classmates and it was quite helpful. We were able to improved our video with results that exceed our expectations. There wasn't any comments about making our video better but there was one comments that says we did a great job.

3. My group and I were looking all over the Internet to find one and luckily I was able to contact one from the Winnipeg Harvest (because of their homepage site). His name is Chris Albi and I got to talk to him through email. He had sent me a lot of information about the questions I asked him which contributed a lot to our video. My group and I also quoted some of what Robb Nickel (another expert together with Chris Albi from Winnipeg Harvest). Here are the 3 points they have added in our video. One is that poverty in Winnipeg never really started at a specific date. It just happened like the rest of the poverty in different parts of the world. Two is that poor people are everywhere in the world, not just in Winnipeg. Three is that poverty in Winnipeg is a major problem. I learned from them that Winnipeg is a major problem. I never really thought that Winnipeg would have poverty issues since Winnipeg is in Canada which is one of the developed countries in the world but I guess I was wrong. They were right that poverty happens everywhere, it doesn't matter if the country is rich or poor. Its just that its not as a severe here as other undeveloped countries.

5. The greatest success in our 2 minutes to make a difference would be getting it done on time and meeting the criteria required to make the video successful. The skills I would take away with me and use in the future would be managing our time and finding solutions when things didn't go as planned because during our project we ran into situations that could have prevented us from doing a good job and completing our video but my group and I managed though.

6. I would say finding pictures that fits with our topic frustrated us the most during our movie making. There wasn't much pictures to find because most of them are related to poverty in undeveloped or developing countries. After searching through many websites that our teacher recommended, we were able to find enough for the video. Pretty much the solution is to keep looking and don't give up. However it was time consuming which made it more frustrating since we didn't have much time. Also coming up with a thought provoking statement was difficult but after my group and I had a meeting during the weekend and put our brains together, we were able to come up with one.

7. I think the 2 minutes to make a difference is important for grade 8 students because we have to be aware and understand the problems going on around the world and let the other know too. This project helps us show the world that we care and wanted a change even at our young age. To show we have something to offer to the world with our voices and actions. This project also improves our researching and internet skills, cooperate with our groups and developed a skill to write constructive comments.

8. I will make a difference by spreading the word of our video and of course doing the same actions we did in our video. I will volunteer sometime at Winnipeg Harvest over the break.

1 comment:

  1. Great overall process of success Shenna! I liked how you did a print screen of your Jamendo music instead of just credits.

    ReplyDelete