Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Ysabelle's 2 Minutes Reflection



2 Minutes to Make a Difference Version 1


2 Minutes to Make a Difference Final Draft

  • The changes that my group did in our video are our voices and the pictures. Our voices in the first draft aren't very clear and besides that, Shenna wasn't with us when we recorded it. We also removed some pictures because some of them aren't from Winnipeg. I think the comments we received were very helpful in making our final cut better.
  • We were looking for experts int he internet and we found Chris Albi from the website of Winnipeg Harvest. We learnt form our expert that there is no specific or year when poverty started. We also learnt that Manitoba is the child poverty capital in Canada. Poverty in Winnipeg is a major problem and it's getting worse.
  • I think our greatest success in the project is we did it on time and we had evidence. Our video isn't too fast or too slow and our choice of music is good. I think the skills I will take away with me and use in the future are research skills.
  • The pictures frustrated me in the movie making process. It was really difficult to find good pictures of poverty in Winnipeg because there aren't much of it. Most of the pictures I saw were from poor countries and places like Africa. We looked for more pictures using creative commons and gladly, we found pictures that look like they're from Winnipeg.
  • The 2 Minutes project is important to grade 8 students because it helps the students to be aware of what's happening in our world today. This project helped students to inform the world of the ongoing problems that need to be taken care of.
  • I think I will make a difference in the future by helping people and spreading the word. I'll donate food and clothings to organizations and I will also try to volunteer in some of their activities.


No comments:

Post a Comment