Monday, October 4, 2010

Trisha's Math Profile

Hello, My name is Trisha Tiopo and I'm a math student in grade 8. If someone asked me if I like math I would say I do but it's not my favourite subject, sometimes I find it boring but I enjoy learning about ratios and word problems. The best thing we did in math class that I like was word problems because I enjoy using different strategies to get the same answer, I also like talking to other people about the problems to see if we got the same answer.

Last year in grade 7, I like the unit about B.E.D.M.A.S. I thought it was easy and I like the math equation with the brackets, exponents, division, multiplication, addition and subtraction. I guess I did well in that unit but I could have done better in my test and quizzes. The unit that made me struggle was finding the area of things because it was confusing with the diameter and circumference and stuff. I think I should read over my notes or
ask help from someone who knows the subject well, so I won't struggle that much.

This year to be a successful student in math, I need to focus and study harder then last year and not to procrastinate when it comes to homework. This year in math I would like to learn more about the area of thing so I could understand it more so I won't struggle when the teacher ask me or it shows up on a test.

My one and only blog I did last year was... click here to see my epic blog (:

Blogging helped me become a better student because It helped me with my homework and it helped me understand what today's lessons was about because I'm too shy to ask questions. This year in math I want to play some math games on the computer because playing games is fun and I can learn better so I won't struggle as much as last year.

16 comments:

  1. Trisha, I liked the way you made some of the important words stand out! It was a cleaver idea! But before you publish a post remember to edit it first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Trisha. I could relate with some of the things you said, like procrastinating with your homework, I hate to admit to this, but last year I caught myself procrastinating with math a few times, I guess we all do it sometimes, especially with math. I understand how you are shy to ask questions, the blog helped me with that too. Some advice I have for you is to not be afraid about asking questions, although, I have to agree, at times it's tough, but you will learn better if you do. I think you might want to edit your post next time because I saw a few errors, and it looked like you had trouble spacing out your paragraphs. Other then that, you did a great job, keep up the good work!
    PS: I love that you used the word "epic" to describe your blog, I just love that word:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting post Trisha, I noticed you liked solving algebra equation. You also included B.E.D.M.A.S and how to use it to solve algebraic equations. I also looked at your "epic" blog last year and i would suggest you try to put too much space on your next blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, Trisha. I liked how you colored in the important words to make it stand out. I agreed when you said to study harder for quizzes and tests. That way, you can get the mark you deserve.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post Trisha. I agree that it can get boring but we need to know these things in the future and to become a student. Awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job, Trisha! I really liked that you changed the colours of some words to make them stand out, but next time remember to read over your work to make sure there are no mistakes. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice work Trisha! I liked the way you used a colour to highlight the important words to make it stand out. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post, Trisha! I liked how you used only one color to highlight the important words so it'll stand out. I agree with having to struggle about the circumference unit last year, it confused me, too. Next time, read over your work before you post it up. Other than that, good job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good post! Next time don't forget to edit your work.Besides that, keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good job Trisha. I liked the things that you listed to become a more successful student in math. I also liked that you made your paragraphs an exceptional length. Next time, you should read over your work before you publish it. Other than that, good job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good post Trisha. Next time, look over your work before publishing it, but good job overall and I alsp liked how you used the word epic.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good job Trisha. Next time you should look over your work before posting it on the blog and i like the way you made the important words stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Goood job Trisha your post was well done. I liked how you used colurs so I saw important words

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good Job Trisha, your post is good but next time you should re-read your post for erors.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Epic, interesting choice of words, Trisha. You're post was fairly good, and I found the colours a nice touch. Definately made your work stand out. I suggest you study more often to improve your test marks and to also expand on your vocabulary. I found you used the word "stuff" to describe thing too often.

    ReplyDelete